Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Magazines

My favorite magazine used to be "People" but the price for a subscription was absolutely sick and there is the whole thing of "do I really care about these celebrities?" It is one of my weaknesses to read celeb gossip but they are not worth that money.

There are so many other cool magazines out there that peak my interests. A lot of them are trying to stay afloat so their subscriptions are like anywhere from $10 to $15 for a year.

One of my fave channels is the Food Network and they now have a magazine. We just got the first issue and I LOVE it! There are so many good recipes that are easy to make. I love veggies and there is a recipe for Carrot Chick Pea salad with pine nuts. Haven't made it yet, but it is on the top of my list! I love me some Chick Peas!

Here is our first issue:

I am only about a 1/4 of the way through this one and I am reading EVERY page unlike some mags where you just flip through.

Next magazine is "Hallmark". We got a subscription invite, but declined and just shredded that invite. Then a couple of days ago they sent us one anyway. I have not had a chance to read it, but it looks interesting. I don't think we will subscribe, but it is out there if you are interested:


And final magazine, "Garden & Gun". You have to love the South! I have a blog that I love on USA Today's website. You will find it in the Life section. It is Whitney's blog called "Pop Candy". She is so super cool and she comments on everything from TV to music to comic books to movies. Whit is from the South and she came across this magazine and mentioned it in her blog. Of course I had to check it out. I finally got my free issue. I love the paper it is printed on....it is not slick like regular magazines. The pages have a nice texture and there is no super shiny.
This magazine reminds me of Southern Living but cooler! If you go to their website, you can request a free issue. I think this one may be a keeper!

1 comment:

  1. try mental floss - you can see them at mentalfloss.com too

    ReplyDelete