Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mr. Tooth

So I am sitting here last night after flossing and I don't know if you guys do this, but I do run my tongue around my teeth to see if there is anything weird going on. Alas, last night my back molar has a weird rough patch. Yeah.....the tooth that needs the crown that I was so putting off because it costs $350.00 has a chunk out of it. Thanks Mr. Tooth! Had to go to the dentist today to get it fixed.

As I was waiting this guy walked out and he had his Ipod. I was so jealous at that moment. I had both my Ipods in the car with dead batteries and no headphones. Next time, I will be prepared! It took an hour and a half to get the temporary crown....not to mention 2 shots of the numbing juice. He started after the first one and my legs went up in the air....the cold water and air and the drill.....nope...not numb enough. After the second shot.....yep.....numb for hours.

So now I have had the experience of my first crown. I am hoping the rest hold up. Don't want to do this again. Apparently I am a little bit of a jaw clencher/teeth grinder. I have to wear a mouth guard at night to keep from wearing them down any more. He said I have short molars. That is just great! I am forever the short molar girl!

Listen to your dentist and don't grind!

No comments:

Post a Comment