Friday, November 25, 2011

Who's a Pretty Bird?

Made a big turkey for Thanksgiving. Usually we just rub some butter on it and let it go. This year we found a recipe using mayo. You mix a cup or so of Hellman's (the ONLY good mayo) with oregano, thyme, sage, and rosemary and rub it all over the outside and inside of the turkey. We filled the cavity with lemons, onions and celery and then let her cook for about 4 hours and then rest for a little over 30 before the carving commenced. This was one of the juiciest turkeys....it made a hot mess carving. There was juice EVERYWHERE! I would like to thank my Aunt Cynthia for the apron she made me because it saved my clothes! The apron is getting a good wash now but I didn't stain stick-it....I kind of like little cooking spots on it....makes me look like a pro....HA!!!!

Oh....and in the pan on the left...that is butter and bacon grease getting ready for the fresh green beans, bella mushrooms and bacon to be all sauteed together....sooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment