Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Best Sauce EVER!!

Those of you that follow "The Pioneer Woman" website may have seen this sauce. It came through her alternate site "Tasty Kitchen". I would love to meet the woman that put this sauce out there, ericalea.....I LOVE her now! This is the best sauce ever! It was purely coincidental....I found this sauce the same day we were making a stromboli recipe we found that required pizza sauce. FOR THE LOVE....the stromboli was awesome but it was more a vehicle to get more sauce in my face! I gave this recipe to my co-worker and she went home and made it. She came in the next day and said she just made cheese toast as a vehicle to get sauce in face! I may be ashamed of this but NOT....we had leftover sauce and I put it on leftover quiche......so sad.....might need to actually make a pizza and use it for what it was intended for....here it is:

And let me tell you...when you make this, you will want to double or triple it....the actual recipe does not make a ton so at least double:

6 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons dried oregano (I add a little extra...love oregano)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup (I didn't have that so I used honey and added extra...my co-worker used regular Mrs. Butterworth syrup....maple syrup is like $6 bucks for a small bottle so I am good with honey or any other cheaper syrup. It works just fine)
2 tablespoons red wine (we keep some of those small bottles of wine for cooking and definitely used it here....worth it but optional)
1/4 cup water

Put all the ingredients in a pan. WHISK them until combined. Place over low heat until heated through...you can add more seasoning to your taste.

WIN PLACE SHOW! This is so good!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. SOLD!!! I am so gonna try this next week with some pasta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this tonight with rotini and sausage... then I died and went to heaven! That is all :)

    ReplyDelete