Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mazzy Star, Cowboy Junkies, Radiohead, Zero 7, Counting Crows, etc

Totally forgot about Mazzy Star for a while and then I heard "Into Dust" tonight. That led me to a melancholy You Tube obsession of hearing some pooky music. "Into Dust" is one of my favorites and is so going on one if my Ipods. I like the video version I found that had the lyrics. Somebody put it together and it is cool. The rest of the videos are just the ones I like enough to post and that I was led to hear again. I need a separate Ipod just for this type music....

Then that led me to "Fade Into You".....another fave:

Which led to "Flowers in December":

Which led to the Cowboy Junkies "Sweet Jane":

Which led to Radiohead "Fake Plastic Trees":

Which led to Radiohead "High and Dry":

Which led to some Counting Crows "Raining in Baltimore":

Which led to Air "Playground Love":

Which led to Zero 7 "Home":

Which led to Zero 7 "In the Waiting Line":

Which led to Adele "Chasing Pavements":

Which led to Adele "Someone Like You":

Which led to Sting....YES....I said Sting...."Fragile":

And more Sting, "A Thousand Years" (this version done live on THE night of 9-11):


This could go on way too long......there are way too many songs like this that I just love and each one has meaning and reminds of certain times in life.....good stuff....

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Mazzy Star! Five String Serenade is another good one, but Fade Into You will always be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete