Saturday, August 28, 2010

Finally!

So Mom retired the end of June and her birthday was the first of July. Had to find a present big enough for both. So my Grandma, my aunt and I went in and got her a new big chair. She had one that needed to be replaced desperately. The old chair is below:

It is not a bad chair but the arm is a little punched down. AND btw...that is a shadow in the bottom left corner...NOT a stain on the carpet. I don't know what happened there. The main problem is the ottoman. It was a nice ottoman until evil happened upon it. Below is the evil:

When the evil twins were about 1 they did this to the ottoman:

They did this about the time we were first letting them stay out of their crates while we were at work. Thanks Kids!
So for Mom's surprise, I had to find a way to let her know we were going shopping for chairs. I wasn't going to go shop and buy one for her. She needed to have her stamp on it. I was thinking a card with a "gift certificate" or a message in the card, then I thought about creating another blog with pictures of lots of chairs. I went to all these furniture stores and took pictures and created this:
http://bdayretirementsurprise.blogspot.com/
I think you can copy and past the link to see it. I put the website in a card and made her pull it up on her computer. She was confused at first and then she got it and was very excited!
We went shopping on July 3rd. We hit several places. The last place we went was La-Z-Boy. If you ever need furniture, they have some beautiful things besides recliners. I will say some of the recliners though are pretty cool. But she wanted a chair and a half with ottoman. She got to try several out and picked the one she liked best. What was great though is that she could also choose a fabric and have it made to her taste. It was sooo much fun picking out the fabric. Once chosen, it was going to be 6-8 weeks before it was delivered. They were not kidding about that....ordered July 3rd.....delivered FINALLY this past Thursday. It is beautiful!

Here is a close up of the fabric:
I love the fabric and so does Mom. It blends with the Tiffany lamps and the eggplant couch. It is girly and feminine and it works!
Happy Birthday and Retirement Mom!!

No comments:

Post a Comment