Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11


I was on my way to work listening to Rick and Bubba on the radio. Their weather guy, Mark Prater was on doing his segment. He said, "Hey guys - might want to watch the TV because the World Trade Center is on fire." I can take you to the exact point on the road where I heard that. Then thinking as everyone did.....it is just an accident....then the day unfolded.

I remember just wanting to go home. We had a TV at work so we were able to watch. I just remember wanting to leave and get to my house and watch. I was so frustrated that it was not allowed and work had to go on. Then for days and days and days I watched the tragedy continue to unfold.

To this day, I am amazed at the bravery of the firemen, the police, the boat captains, the survivors. They are a different type of people. The ones that run in when everyone runs out. I bow down to them.

I also remember not being able to find an American flag anywhere! Everyone was kinder, everyone was huggier, everyone was so proud of their country and claiming America as theirs, the pictures from across the world that suffered with us.

Interesting conversation with Mom. I was telling her how I could remember everything about when I heard the news. She said it was her second time....she remembered exactly where she was when 9/11 happened and when Kennedy was killed. Both so traumatic.

9/11 was and continues to be an incredible amazing experience in all our lives. I hope to NEVER see it again.

And to end on a happy note, my cousin Sara had her beautiful baby girl yesterday! Happy Birthday Hannah Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment